Let your heart guide you......It whispers so listen closely

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

they hopeless & we helpless

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to defame or hurt any person or place.. but just to vent out my frustration.

I am sincerely looking forward for the time when administration will start appointing sensible people for the non-teaching posts; who are rendered with more sense, efficiency, briskness and most importantly who are able to feel and understand the obvious things. Why don't people in councils and committees understand that we (teachers and students) badly need such people on the other side of the table who understand our problems, who understand how precious time is for students (at least more vital than procrastination is for the staff). I am here since July 2007 and by now I am totally steamed by the lazy, idiotic, inefficient and illogical way they work. When i say they, I mean everyone, right from the people who are there to switch on water supply for hostels, to those who are responsible for admission procedures of research students. The way they behave, it seems as if they have not been even given the basic education.

I accept there are few people who are exactly the way we would be happy working with. But such folks are so less in number that they appear out of place in the bunch of these couch potatoes. In this period of 3 years or so, I have had so many experiences and  had been a witness to so many that occurred to friends/classmates/room-mates, that at least a dissertation can be prepared on the topic. But will it make a sense.. as everything is senseless here. I think this is the case with any governmental university and may be I am over-expecting comparing with the Institutes, but as the title says, I am helpless. The only time span, when these are active, occurs few days prior to someone visiting to credit the place. Even then, the issues which matter to us, appear too lame to them, for discussion.

Every other morning we have some incidence to fry us. Whatever happened today morning was again something very mundane to report here, but it actually turned me nuts.  I was totally fried, but now since already  2 hours have passed my temper has got down. I literally went and argued with lady on the gate. But she was helpless explaining me her silly argument. I felt like banging one of the heads to a near by wall; either her or mine. 


What a beautiful start for the day... when some 7-8 hours before that start you were so happy discussing and imagining about reality part of dreams coming true !! 
thats how life is .. White, Black and sometimes Grey..and then there are some beautiful colors of life which are still capable of making you smile amongst all this :)

PS: Although I said that time is precious for students, still I wasted lot of it in writing this. I am helpless since my brain refuses to work, unless the garbage inside is dumped somewhere, no matter how long it takes.


3 comments:

Akanksha said...

It's good to dump garbage, once in while...It increases efficiency; though it may lead to more frustration as comparatively, "they" would seem more inefficient. Thanks for the nice expression...on behalf of all the silent sufferers

CYNOSURE said...

:)

Nachiket said...

i envy that " they" are so much at ease doing all these things. nothing matters them. life is so simple for them.

Post a Comment